Feb 17, 2012
Chuggington will continue riding the rails into toy stores and onto TV screens this year with support from Ludorum’s licensees and Disney Junior, which will premiere the third season of Chuggington to coincide with the launch of the 24-hour Disney Junior channel on March 23. Disney now holds the rights to 46 episodes. Several of Ludorum’s licensees for Chuggington unveiled new products at the American International Toy Fair, held February 12-15 at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City.
Tomy, Ludorum’s master toy partner for Chuggington, led the way with the introduction of an all-new track system for its Chuggington Die-Cast Railway. The system enables fans to build track layouts vertically for the first time by providing the stability required to achieve tall, spiraling layouts. Easy to connect and simple enough for preschoolers to build on their own, the new track system is a durable and sturdy solution for adding elevation to train sets and creating action. Tomy’s Chuggington Wooden Railway system will be augmented with new engines or “chuggers” based on the characters who will appear in the new Chuggington episodes premiering this year on Disney Junior. Feature-packed starter train sets, buildings, and tunnels will debut at key price points. All are made with classic, high-quality wood construction, which is compatible with other major wooden railway toys.
Other Chuggington licensees at Toy Fair:
- Playhut exhibited a Wilson play tent from its 2012 line
- Little Kids introduced Chuggington bubbles and bubble toys, including the Chuggington Bubble Train Whistle and the Chuggington Light-Up Bubble Chugger
- Hedstrom displayed new Chuggington playballs
- Mega Brands introduced Chuggington Mega Bloks line, which includes four sets and six buildable chuggers
- Modern Publishing showed Chuggington titles in its coloring and activity lines
- Publications International showcased its line of Chuggington electronic sound books
- Bendon Publishing introduced a proprietary publishing line as well as educational workbooks based on Chuggington’s Training Times lessons
- Trends International unveiled a Chuggington sticker line with a Sticker Flip Pack and a Sticker Dimensional Scene at the show
- Cardinal Industries, Inc. introduced additional puzzles to its Chuggington line
- Ravensburger debuted seven puzzles, including Chuggington: Four Seasons, a set of four puzzles in a collectible tin that helps teach children about the seasons; and Traintastic Crew, a 40-piece puzzleballfeaturing the colorful world of Chuggington
- Wonder Forge showcased its line of Chuggington games