Feb 17, 2012
Hasbro, Inc. will turn one of its timeless brands into a multimedia entertainment property this year with the release of Universal Pictures’ epic action-adventure Battleship. Hasbro will augment the experience of the film with an action-packed line of Battleship-themed toys—both in the gaming realm, where the Battleship brand originated, and in a brand new line of KRE-O building sets—as well as an expansive line of licensed goods, several of which debuted at Toy Fair.
Battleship-themed products include:
- Classic Battleship Movie Edition Game
- Deluxe Battleship Movie Edition
- Battleship: Hidden Threat Card Game
- Kre-O Battleship building sets
- Battleship video game from Activision Publishing, Inc.
- Updated version of the Battleship application from Electronic Arts for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
- T-shirts, hoodies, and shorts from Rocawear
- The Battleship Crew Series, Hasbro’s “behind-the-scenes” apparel and accessories collection inspired by the gear worn by the filmmakers and crew, features exclusive fashions from New Era and Red Monkey Designs
In addition, Hasbro is working with licensees around the globe to bring to market an amazing array of lifestyle products in key categories that will resonate with consumers worldwide. Products will range from T-shirts and caps to costumes, backpacks, and publishing from licensees including Disguise and Random House.